20140111

Kyra and Lavarath Done

I actually finished this up last weekend, but didn't get around to taking photos until today. This is the first dragon I've ever painted. It will probably be the last dragon I'll ever paint. I made that comment on Facebook and was asked why. My response is that I didn't enjoy painting it as much as other types of models and it just plain sat around on my desk for too long. Part of that is my fault, but there was just so much going on with this model that it took forever. Granted, it has more than more dragon figures do, like a rider, complex armor plating dynamic posing, etc etc. I'm going to go back to my sci-fi figures for a while I think.

The base is a wood award blank from Hobby Lobby that I stained with the stain I usually use for dipping my figures. Originally I was going to do a whole mountain top thing for the base, but now I've lost interest in that. The model isn't attached yet, and it may take me a while to figure out what I'm exactly going to do with this, so things may change later on.

In unrelated news, I finally added pictures to the year end update. See them here.

Here's the pics of Kyra and Lavarath. One of these days I'll figure out how to photograph metallics without the glare.














4 comments:

Joe G Kushner said...

I like the gold edging on the armor

Sergeant Crunch said...

Thanks!

 Ashley said...

Still, it's a nice dragon with a good paint job.

Sergeant Crunch said...

Thanks! What I had originally wanted to do was so much more that this, but I'm happy with how it came out and to be done with it.