Been kind of all over the place this weekend with regards to hobby activities. Saturday morning was spent drafting a supplement for FUBAR to expand upon some ideas. I added different movement modes for vehicles, added rules for handling really large vehicles (think upon the lines of OGREs, 40k super heavy tanks, etc) to use with my Khurasan Siler and Dictator, effects for different types of weapons, and unit abilities. I've posted it at the Forge of War forum, but have yet to receive some feedback on it.
Today I tried this supplement out with the boys and the biggest thing I've determined from it is that I need to get more of my 15mm models finished. The selection I have ready for gaming leaves one side rather over powered compared to the others. So in light of this I spent a good part of this evening painting my ADB Federation Battlecruiser, priming the Federation Dreadnought (I think I died a little priming the glow-in-the-dark plastic, glow-in-the-dark stuff is cool), base coated my Black Lightning Dictator, and prepping a Rach Kraken. All of which have absolutely nothing to do with 15mm.
That's OK though, I've got plenty of unpainted and half-painted figures to ensure that I'll have plenty of time to get through the 15mm stuff eventually. I've been wanting to get all of those models done for some time now. The Feds will get used in the Klingon Armada games with the boys and since I'm actually playing CAV2 again those models will get used, so I don't feel guilty at all. Well except for the amount of time it's taken me to start painting that Black Lightning Dictator. A friend of mine sent them to me a few years ago with the intention that I use them. It's taken a while, but I've started. The Kraken (and eventually its stablemate) were started in a desire to use them. They're stupid fast infantry transports that match well with my Rach infantry tactics outlined a few posts ago. Unfortunately the model has some major gaps in it which required the liberal application of green stuff. It's been a while since I've mentioned this, but I can't stand working with green stuff. We just don't get along.
Painting the Dictator and starships also marks the inaugural use of new airbrush. I can tell it's been a long time since I've used one, I kept mixing the paint too thin. The fact that the humidity spiked while I was airbrushing didn't help matters. I'm going to have to go over all of them again later this week for an even base coat. I'm hoping that by next weekend I'll be able to get at least the Dictator done, if not the two ships. Ideally I'd like to get the second Kraken prepped for priming. I don't think either one will be ready by next weekend if I'm working on the other models. The gap filling took an inordinate amount of time. That and I think they're going to have to be painted in parts then assembled in order to save my sanity due to some hard to reach recesses in the assembled model. That and I'm not entirely sure how I want to paint them yet.