20080808

Got Some Paint on the Bike

Alrighty then. Got some paint on the motorcycle now. There's a lot I don't like about this sculpt, but compared to what's out there, it's what I have to work with. The first few shots are of the bike with the tires and metallic parts as well as the base with the initial coats of paints. The tires are MSP Stormy Gray and the chrome is MSP Polished Silver. I should've waited to buy some wicked chrome paint that was pointed out to me, but I'm impatient and have a lot of other projects I want to get to. The base shows what is supposed to the shoulder of a back country road and some dirt. When I get back to them I'll had a white stripe along the edge of the road and some flock to the dirt.





Here we are after some more painting. You can see that I've attacked everything with some watered down MSP Pure Black and started on the tank and fender with MSP Pure White and True Blue. One of the things I don't like about this is that the pegs and handlebars suck, so I'm going to try to paint some detail on them. Nothing fancy, just trying to depict rubber on them.


Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have some red and some stars on there. Just trying to figure out how I'm going to tackle the rear fender.

No comments: