20080130

Two finished minis and a bunch of terrain

Hooray for finished models! The Czar is a new color scheme I'm thinking of using for a Templar force. It's Rainy Grey and Pale Lichen (Reaper MSPs) washed with Pure Black and drybrushed.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Next is a Hasslefree mini I finished up before Christmas, so I'm not going count it toward the total on the sidebar. This is Ray from their Adventurers series. Anyone who's seen Shaun of the Dead will doubtless notice certain similarities. I was going to gore him up some, but ended up calling him done in order to move on to other things. I don't his hair quite the right shade and the highlighting on the pants could be better. Overall though I'm quite happy with him.
Photobucket

Another project finally finished in the last couple weeks was this cardstock flying transport. It's been an on-and-off project for several months now. It can be seen here with a squad establishing a perimeter to protect it from the evil WIPs.
Photobucket

A recent purchase was some Krylon H20 spray paint, which I had heard from various source online doesn't melt styrofoam. So I bought a can of the tan and took it to a bunch of hills I had cut out of the stack of styrofoam I've saved from various boxes and packages that is in my garage. I dries a bit glossy, but a drybrush with some craft takes a lot of the shine out. I may try brushing some artist acrylic matte medium and see how that works. In the meantime I think they turned out rather well.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Another terrain related project was taking some molded cardboard packaging material and turning them into some non-scale specific buildings. I hit the packaging with a grey spray primer, then drybrushed with a medium gray then a bit of silver (these two being craft paints). A little sealer for protection and they were done. I could've gone and added some more details to them, but in an effort to keep them usable across several scales I left them as is, so a little imagination is required. Here's some pics and shot with some 6mm infantry, a 6mm hover tank, a stand of CAV infantry, a CAV Dictator 60 and a Falcon, and a GW Cadian to give an idea of size.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And although I keep saying this, hopefully I can make some time to get decals on my Federation Commander ships before this weekend. Meant to do it last night, but ended up doing a repair job on the front door. Anyway, questions, comments, and critiques are welcome.

No comments: