20110501

Usama Bin Laden Dead

If you've been a regular follower of my blog you'll know that I do my best to keep it on the topic of miniatures and wargaming. This news warrants breaking that.

As a member of the U.S. military for over 17 years the news of UBL's death is of great importance to me. Not only that, but the news was made public on the second anniversary of the death of SGT James Pirtle, a former student of mine when I was serving as a technical school instructor. So you'll excuse me if I'm somewhat exuberant in the death of a murderer of innocents and a generally evil man (though I hesitate to use the term "man" in his case). There is evil in the world, and it is not wrong to celebrate the elimination of even the smallest part of it.

Now, there will be at least attempts at retaliation. The war will not be over with his death. There is still a lot of work to be done. But our military and those of our allies (whom we must not forget to thank for their support and the lives of their young men and women as they've stood shoulder to shoulder with us throughout these times) will see that the work will be done.

No comments: