20100425

Some Finished Mauridians

OK, I know I said I'd be scarce, but I did finish the Mauridian Gal'Ethon battleship and the two Val'Naveg cruisers from Ravenstar Studios. I ended up changing paints with the cruisers. Reaper's Master Series Paints are great paints, especially if you're doing a lot of blending on a miniature. However, when you need two coat coverage it just isn't going to happen. So I switched to Reaper's Pro Paints which have better coverage. This resulted in the cruisers being noticeably darker, but I don't mind it too terribly. As more ships get painted, the ones painted with MSPs will be the minority.

Most of these pictures include the original metal frigates I bought when Xtreme Hobbies was still making these. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the difference in detail in the resin ships blows these away. I'm going to have a hard time going back to metals after these.









Oh, yeah, the battleship is missing the aft ventral fin/wing/thingy. It came off while I was painting at some point today and I'll be darned if I can find the thing.

No comments: