20100215

New Table!

The new table is done. I was wanting to make something that I could easily take down and set back up so that it wouldn't always be taking up space. Well, it does come apart with just a 1/2" ratchet and a spare hand. But the legs and support braces need to be redone. Fortunately, it doesn't take up as much space as I thought it would so it'll stay up...well as long as anything built by me manages to stay together....

The table top is 42.5" inches high, so that means I'm not blowing my back out bending over to move and measure things. I know this isn't much help for shorter people, but to be honest it's just myself and my wife, so this isn't much of an issue. As our kids get older, when they can reach things on the table they'll be old enough to either play or know to leave things alone.

A few CAV models and some terrain:



A picture of me with the table for size reference (I'm 5'9"):


And checking to make sure my star mat fits (it was too big for the table I was using). Fire torpedoes!:



Wait a minute......a project from material purchase to completion in 4 days...it must be a sign of the apocalypse. I suggest hoarding food and water now.

No comments: